PDA

View Full Version : Inactivity Warning

CAY102- Jon
12-10-2008, 08:53 PM
Fellow Airmen,
I would like to state a few truth's for you all.

- Cayman Airways Virtual presently has 106 pilots.

- We have 32 pilots that have been active since the 1st of November.

This means that we have over 70 inactive (active meaning people who have flown in roughly the last month) on our roster.

I hate to say this, as I like to give people the benefit of the doubt, but this is unnacceptable to me. If you are not going to be active on our roster, we will have to remove you, especially, if we have not received a reason. I ask that any pilot who would like a leave of absence, please advise me prior to this absence, that way we can get a better understanding of what is happening.

This is where I need your help. Where are we going wrong? We have to know what to improve on, we need to know what we can do to better serve our pilots and increase activity. Of course I appreciate everybody's efforts, but atleast one flight a month is surely not unreasonable.

Second question is, what to do with the inactive pilots? Something has to be done, and although it is impressive saying we have over 100 pilots, it is very demotivating to see so many who are inactive.

As a personal favour, I would like anybody who reads this message to respond, whether you are considering joining the airline, an experienced pilot, or a staff memeber, I would appreciate any, and all opinions.

CAY253- Guy
12-10-2008, 09:14 PM
For me it was technical difficulties, when I tried months ago to start flying my computer continuously crashed so, as much as I would love to fly for this amazing VA, I cannot. Therefore I try to make up for it by being active on the forums and making repaints.

You must understand that it is not the fault of the Management or the VA itself!!! Do not take the blame for having a fraction of the pilots inactive, it is their fault whether it be technical difficulties, holiday, or genuine laziness.

CAY100- Christian
12-10-2008, 09:38 PM
Well there you go Guy!
As for the inactivity of the pilots it's their responsibility to fly and give a reason why they can't fly(if that's the case) as far as I see, we will always get inactive pilots and there is not much we can really do about it except keep being dedicated and keep doing what we are doing as a VA on the whole...also we have alot of active pilots and it's still building so we could just send inactivity notices to the inactive pilots, if they don't respond well it's their loss and not our problem beacuse we do what we have to do to keep activity up.

CAY505- Tim
12-10-2008, 11:47 PM
I kind of like Christian's idea of send notices to the inactive pilots. If they choose to respond, great. If they do not respond, removed them from the active pilot duty roster. Sometimes life gets in the way and a little friendly contact would at least get you some feedback on why they are not flying hours anymore.

CAY017-Aharon
12-11-2008, 03:02 AM
I have many theories. I will write later as I am too tired from long day of hard work and need sleep:ph34n::ph34n::ph34n::ph34n: zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Maybe Cayman Airways should remove from rules and application the words that say everybody must fly two flights per week and put new rule that says everybody must fly flight once every week or once every two weeks.

This may encourage pilots to resume flying and staying with Cayman Airways VA??

That is one of my theories.

I have more theories but you must bear patience with me to post more theories later as I work from 9 am to almost 7 pm in office every day from Monday to Thursday and from 9 am to 4:30 pm on Fridays.

Thanks with warmest regards,

Aharon