Thread: Suggestion for Cayman Airways VA's Goal Regarding KMIA

Suggestion for Cayman Airways VA's Goal Regarding KMIA

Shalom and greetings all my pals,

I cannot find a post about Jon expressing his desire to have his Cayman Airways virtual airline's name get into the Vataware graphical bar pie along with other big VAs for KMIA arrivals/departures and requesting all of CAY pilots to try to fly to KMIA as much as they can.

I have a solution for Cayman Airways virtual airline to meet Jon's goal.

Cayman Airways virtual airline has 80 active pilots. Right?

If Jon announces new rule REQUIRING all CAY pilots to have ONE vatsim flight to KMIA or from KMIA per EVERY week, that would create 80 vatsim flights coming into or out of KMIA and I do not have to tell you mathematical conclusion of how many KMIA flights would that be in one month.

It is easy to follow that new rule as KMIA to MWCR or versa visa route is only about one hour.

And I believe this will help Jon attain his dream goal of getting the name of Cayman Airways virtual airline into the Vataware graphical bar pie along with other big VA airlines.

Aharon

Flew 17 relief flights to MTPP, 5 relief flights to Chile, 7 relief flights to MYNN, 5 relief flights to NZCH, 7 relief flights to Japan, 4 relief flights to NJ via KPHL/KACY, 5 relief flights to RPVM/RPVA, and 4 relief flights to TDPD

CAY165 - Liam Guest
    Aharon 80-90% of our active pilots would struggle with this, BIG TIME!!

Quote Originally Posted by CAY165 - Liam View Post
    Aharon 80-90% of our active pilots would struggle with this, BIG TIME!!
    ?

I fail to comprehend how can it be BIG TIME STRUGGLE for 80-90 percent of pilots if it is ONLY ONE FLIGHT per week for KMIA departure or arrival and the flight is about ONLY one hour?

Is it too much struggle to do one flight to or from KMIA per week?

Aharon
    Last edited by CAY102- Jon; 06-19-2009 at 05:20 PM.

Flew 17 relief flights to MTPP, 5 relief flights to Chile, 7 relief flights to MYNN, 5 relief flights to NZCH, 7 relief flights to Japan, 4 relief flights to NJ via KPHL/KACY, 5 relief flights to RPVM/RPVA, and 4 relief flights to TDPD

CAY321- Dave Guest
    Last edited by CAY321- Dave; 06-19-2009 at 06:27 PM.

CAY321- Dave Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by CAY017-Aharon View Post
    ?

Is it too much struggle to do one flight to or from KMIA per week?

Aharon
    ....YES !! I am lucky to get 1 to 2 flights in a week. Therefore, if I had to hit KMIA every wekk, I'd get nowhere...

CAY201- Christopher Guest
    Wrong, we have about 90 pilots on the roster, but probably only 25%-30% of them are actually active. Even fewer of them respond to events. So if Jon did as you said, there may only be 10-15 flights done per week.

Nice thinking though.

-Chris-

CAY165 - Liam Guest
    i think youm overestimate our VA capabilites Aharon, But still a good idea and would work if only we had more pilots, or maybe once a month instead??

Quote Originally Posted by CAY201- Christopher View Post
    Wrong, probably only 25%-30% of them are actually active. So if Jon did as you said, there may only be 10-15 flights done per week.

-Chris-
    Wrong

I counted 29-30 active pilots so it is 30 flights, NOT 15, done per week or 120 flights per month which is enough to get Cayman Airways virtual airline's name on Vataware's graphical bar pie of KMIA activity along with other big VAs.

Unless somebody is telling me MORE than 30 flights per week is needed to achieve the goal.

Also, the Cayman Airways virtual airline's requirement is TWO flights per week which is never enforced. Least all pilots can do is one KMIA flight per week.

Aharon

CAY600- Romario Guest
    Shalom and greetings all my pals,

I cannot find a post about Jon expressing his desire to have his Cayman Airways virtual airline's name get into the Vataware graphical bar pie along with other big VAs for KMIA arrivals/departures and requesting all of CAY pilots to try to fly to KMIA as much as they can.

I have a solution for Cayman Airways virtual airline to meet Jon's goal.

If Jon announces new rule REQUIRING all CAY pilots to have ONE vatsim flight to KMIA or from KMIA per EVERY week, that would create 80 vatsim flights coming into or out of KMIA and I do not have to tell you mathematical conclusion of how many KMIA flights would that be in one month.

It is easy to follow that new rule as KMIA to MWCR or versa visa route is only about one hour.

And I believe this will help Jon attain his dream goal of getting the name of Cayman Airways virtual airline into the Vataware graphical bar pie along with other big VA airlines.

Aharon
    Unfortunately, this will not work. This is because If you think of it one week you could be really pressured with work/school etc. and not be able to even turn on your computer. However, some weeks you'll be free and able to meet the requirement. Therefore I can maybe suggest that a reward might be provided to those say, the top 3 pilots/top pilot who complete/s the most flights in/out of KMIA. But making it mandatory wont work.

CAY100- Christian Guest
    Wrong

I counted 29-30 active pilots so it is 30 flights, NOT 15, done per week or 120 flights per month which is enough to get Cayman Airways virtual airline's name on Vataware's graphical bar pie of KMIA activity along with other big VAs.

Unless somebody is telling me MORE than 30 flights per week is needed to achieve the goal.

Also, the Cayman Airways virtual airline's requirement is TWO flights per week which is never enforced. Least all pilots can do is one KMIA flight per week.

Aharon
    Aharon,
    Look at the Roster a bit closer you will see that we have about 25%-30% that are actually active, alot of the pilots haven't done a flight since in 2008.