Thread: Wierd!!

Wierd!!

Shalom and greetings all my pals,

Tonight, I decided to fly again from SVMI to TBPB using official VAFS4 route and official waypoints mentioned in the VAFS4 flight plan.

I filed out proper Vatsim flight plan and sent to Vatsim via SQWKBOX 4.0.

To my surprise, SVMI controller rejected Cayman Airways virtual airline's official route from SVMI to TBPB and insisted that I must use SVMI controller's waypoint route to get IRF approval from him or her for my flight from SVMI to TBPB. So I was forced to change the waypoint route.

check out this pic as seen below.

So my question is should I follow Vatsim controller's required waypoint route instead of Cayman Airways virtual airline's official waypoint route or say negative and insist that I must follow the VA's official waypoint route?

Aharon

Flew 17 relief flights to MTPP, 5 relief flights to Chile, 7 relief flights to MYNN, 5 relief flights to NZCH, 7 relief flights to Japan, 4 relief flights to NJ via KPHL/KACY, 5 relief flights to RPVM/RPVA, and 4 relief flights to TDPD

You always say you have to listen to ATC.. Why not now?
    FlyCay CEO: Jonathan Schutte - Contact: jon@flycay.com

My Pilot Logbook : Follow us on Twitter : FlyCay Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by CAY102- Jon View Post
    You always say you have to listen to ATC.. Why not now?
    because according to Cayman Airways virtual airline's new regulations, if a pilot is not following official waypoint routes set by the VA during the VAFS4 flight, the points will not be issued to a pilot's hub.

Also, it may be true that I have to listen to Vatsim controllers but lately I notice their errors to the point I always says something like as seen below as polite way to correct their errors

TBPB: CAY017, turn right to 060 heading to approach and intercept ILS rwy 09

CAY017: will it be ok for me to turn LEFT to your requested heading 060 first before making right turn to heading 090 to intercept ILS rwy 09, please??

TBPB: opss you are right. turn left to heading 060

Another example was when I was approaching CYYZ from KJFK, CYYZ wanted me to make right turn toward CYYZ rwy and when I looked at the GPS map, there was no way for any plane to make tight turn and intercept ILS runway path. I said negative and I suggested that I should fly head and then make left turn 280 degree u-turn toward CYYZ rwy. The CYYZ controller agreed to my correction.

I wanted to correct SVMI controller by explaining to SVMI controller that the route is official Cayman Airways virtual route that all CAY pilots must follow. SVMI controller did not buy that. So I was forced to change waypoints.

Aharon

Flew 17 relief flights to MTPP, 5 relief flights to Chile, 7 relief flights to MYNN, 5 relief flights to NZCH, 7 relief flights to Japan, 4 relief flights to NJ via KPHL/KACY, 5 relief flights to RPVM/RPVA, and 4 relief flights to TDPD

CAY165 - Liam Guest
    Getting the turn direction wrong is quite different Aharon than getting the wrong waypoint. Besides you're the one in the cockpit and if the controller is busy with other aircraft this is a easy mistake to make. Whereas telling you to travel to a completely different waypoint with clear instruction even after you asked for confirmation is almost certainly not a mistake yet you still thought he was wrong to tell you this.

During events yes, we all fly the same route for safety and awesomeness. For free flights the routes are provided as a guide, not a necessity
    FlyCay CEO: Jonathan Schutte - Contact: jon@flycay.com

My Pilot Logbook : Follow us on Twitter : FlyCay Facebook

Aharon during events I follow the route, however other VATSIM flights I either follow the specified route or use a completely different one if ATC requires.