Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LatinVFR - Cayman Islands!

LatinVFR - Cayman Islands!

The Cayman Islands are a British overseas territory located in the western Caribbean Sea. The territory comprises the islands of Grand Cayman, Cayman Brac, and Little Cayman, located south of Cuba and northwest of Jamaica. The territory is a major offshore financial centre in the Caribbean.

Comprised within the package the main features are the real coastlines, mesh, the 3 airports completely designed and photorealistic images of all three islands, Grand Cayman, Little Cayman and Cayman Brac, On a resolution of less than 1 m per pixel on either night or day.

Package highlights:
    o The three islands newly and accurately designed.
    o MWCR or GCM International Airport completely designed with the most accurate attention to detail and all buildings and surroundings.
    o MWCB or CYB International Airport completely designed with the most accurate attention to detail and all buildings and surroundings.
    o MWCL or LYB aerodrome, completely designed with the most accurate attention to detail and all buildings and surroundings.
    o Their respective AFX airport file costumed to work accordingly and realistic as possible .
    o Numerous static objects, pushback trucks, stairs, containers, etc.
    o Numerous of animations (dolphins and birds)
    o Custom vehicle traffic animations.
    o Thousands of hand placed autogen objects, vegetation and houses for the 3 islands.
    o Manual, PDF file containing maps and charts.

Price: $28.00 USD
    For Cayman Virtual Pilots: $20.00 USD

I have sent an email to you all including the link that you visit to acquire the discount. If you did not receive the email, feel free to PM me at any time and I will be happy to send it over to you. Anybody who has used this scenery and wishes to share their impressions, feel free to post in this thread! I ask that we don't have general chit chat here please, this thread is mainly for promotional purposes.

Also, anything that you would like to see in this scenery? Requests go here as well!

Last edited by CAY102- Jon; 08-23-2009 at 11:45 PM.
    FlyCay CEO: Jonathan Schutte - Contact: jon@flycay.com

My Pilot Logbook : Follow us on Twitter : FlyCay Facebook

For those who have purchased the scenery, catch the latest updates here

Thanks a lot for the update Jon, what is fixed?

3D runway edge lighting to increase visibility.

Added green taxiway centreline lights.

Runway 08 turnaround has been reworked, added grass, added runway end lights, revised centreline taxiway loop.

GA Apron added holdshort line has been added.

Lead in taxiway line to the Cayman Airways hangar has been revised.

Additional taxiway lines added to the GA-Apron to be more accurate.

Helipad designated area added south-west corner of GA Apron.

Duplicate Papi issue resolved.

Additional charts should be included in the latest release.

If you wish to delete marshallers, navigate to the FSX/Simmarket/LatinVFR/Scenery folder and delete the two files that end on _API.bgl

Thanks, the marshallers are awesome! Even if they are occasionally wrong! I noticed that if you try to park in the Cayman Airways or Island Air hangars you crash way before it. Also, the Little Cayman building if mis-aligned, it should not be at right angles to the runway, it should be facing the van if that makes any sense. Perhaps these could be fixed in a future update.

CAY034- Gareth Guest
    Jon, do you think its possible to add the 3D runway edge lighting at mwcb too because i think they look cool

Above all, the scenery looks cool and it really feels like I'm hopping around our islands, the Cayman Islands, and its definitely a MUST have for FS9 and FSX.

Finally, I can fly over my house and other relatives and friends houses in FSX plus with accurate design airports

I would rate this scenery 5 stars because that is all I have to rate it!!

Jon, have you edited the files also?? I cant seem to get that very nice looking ramp and runway colour on mine!
    Any chance this is in the update??

Also, does the new file show the Numbers for the gates and with the correct numbering? Mine doesnt show any of that atm, :(
    EuroCay Director: Alastair Bird- Contact: a.bird@flycay.com

CAY034- Gareth Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by CAY792-William View Post
    Jon, have you edited the files also?? I cant seem to get that very nice looking ramp and runway colour on mine!
    Any chance this is in the update??

Also, does the new file show the Numbers for the gates and with the correct numbering? Mine doesnt show any of that atm, :(
    You just get rid of all the mip blurs by going to your FSX.cfg and and enter MipBias=6 under the [Device.Your Graphics Card] to get a really nice looking ramp, but as for the gate numbers, I can't help you on that, mine looks like Jon's and LatinVFR's shots.

CAY025- Richard Guest
    excuse my ignorance but will this work in FS9 or is it FSX only? Thanks guys.

FSX only at this point in time, but the FS9 version is nearing release. Will double check ASAP if there is an ETA on that for you.

Will I am - The ramp and runway textures are updates by me, will upload them later for you all. As for the gate numbering, should be in the update