Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

MKJS or MKJP | Vote now! - Page 2

View Poll Results: Which would you prefer?

Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • MKJS - Donald Sangster International Airport

12 38.71%
  • MKJP - Norman Manley International Airport

19 61.29%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: MKJS or MKJP | Vote now!

CAY408- Ralph Guest
    I am going to have to go with Sangster. It is the more popular airport from flights originating outside the Carib. In all honesty, either airport would be great since the island has been neglected by scenery developers in the past. Trop Sims attempt at the FS9 version many moons ago was sub par.
    Last edited by CAY408- Ralph; 09-17-2009 at 05:33 PM.

For me, I am starting to like the idea of doing both.

Lets see!

CAY600- Romario Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by CAY102- Jon View Post
    Who?
    Well, "Stunna" and the guy who was creating the manley terminal is currently doing a looks like it HD MKJS. I saw some pictures but forgot where I saw 'em. But any airport *cough manley would be good

Quote Originally Posted by Ricardo_LatinVFR View Post

For me, I am starting to like the idea of doing both.

Lets see!
    Both would be good.

CAY034- Gareth Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by CAY600- Romario View Post
    Well, "Stunna" and the guy who was creating the manley terminal is currently doing a looks like it HD MKJS. I saw some pictures but forgot where I saw 'em. But any airport *cough manley would be good
    Yea I seen his latest shots on the tropicalsim forums. I lost the topic, but I found another place where we can view the latest screenshots of his MoBay project: http://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/showthread.php?t=16338

Looks like its coming along very nicely.

CAY408- Ralph Guest
    Coming along nicely seems to be overstated. I am no developer but I have tinkered with a few scenery files to know that MKJS Project 2009 is still in it's infancy stages. The post is very disappointing to say the least. I would not post screen shots like that if I were a developer. A good post is one that will draw attention to your design like a landmark, terminal building or something a prospective buyer would deem interesting or can relate to. The screen shots look like default with minor additions.

Most of the attempts at any Jamaican airport have failed ... badly. With LATIN VFR's track record thus far, I am pretty sure we can expect much better quality. I look forward to MKJP or MKJS from Latin VFR.

CAY034- Gareth Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by CAY408- Ralph View Post
    Coming along nicely seems to be overstated. I am no developer but I have tinkered with a few scenery files to know that MKJS Project 2009 is still in it's infancy stages. The post is very disappointing to say the least. I would not post screen shots like that if I were a developer. A good post is one that will draw attention to your design like a landmark, terminal building or something a prospective buyer would deem interesting or can relate to. The screen shots look like default with minor additions.

Those shots were the first screenshots of the scenery, so it is only in the early stages of construction and I should not expect a terminal building in by now, if it is in now, he is really working VERY fast.

I think what Ralph is saying is that regardless of the development stage, you want to boast about the scenery and make it look as nice as possible to potential buyers. FSDreamTeam develops a scenery but only begins promoting it once, for example, the entire groundwork is complete, not when they have figured out how to create 1 runway stripe.
    FlyCay CEO: Jonathan Schutte - Contact: jon@flycay.com

My Pilot Logbook : Follow us on Twitter : FlyCay Facebook

The referenced Jamaican airport that its supposed to be in development, is it freeware?

if its payware does anyone know the name of the publisher?

regards,

Ricardo

CAY408- Ralph Guest
    It is freeware. Stunna has been knocking on anyone's door that knows anything about scenery design. He has been looking for someone to recreate a Jamaican airport for the longest time to no avail. His last attempt resulted in him getting involved in the scenery with minimal knowledge of scenery design. Good initiative ... bad judgment. I applaud their efforts and because no other developer has shown any interest in either airport, I think a scenery done the right way could net some very good results. Not to mention it's another FlyCay destination!!! woot woot

But those are just my two cents ... and now you have them ... now give them back I'm broke!

Gareth ... Jon was correct in interpreting what I was saying ... To market a good scenery to sell, your marketing strategy has to be logical. Showing shots of runway lights is not my idea of good marketing. Any basic scenery design program can add runway lights to any airport. Showing me the beginning stages of a well known terminal is a different story. All I am saying is that if you want my dollar, you have to get me partially interested. That includes freeware. Barbados Freeware is my case and point.