Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Very Important Regulations About Unicom

Quote Originally Posted by CAY792-William View Post
    You dont read my posts fully Aharon or understand what your posts sound like.
    William,

Actually you do not understand full picture. If I had described to you what happened to that flight, you would have been shocked, amazed, and then gotten pissed at the other pilot

I am still wanting to find out where this information is on their website. If it is a rule, then why is it not in their regulations?
    It is there. Remember there are hundreds hundreds hundreds of pages of rule publications by Vatsim so finding such information can be as tough as finding a needle in haystack.

Aharon

Flew 17 relief flights to MTPP, 5 relief flights to Chile, 7 relief flights to MYNN, 5 relief flights to NZCH, 7 relief flights to Japan, 4 relief flights to NJ via KPHL/KACY, 5 relief flights to RPVM/RPVA, and 4 relief flights to TDPD

I wouldnt be shocked actually Aharon, as Jon has stated already, this happens and I have had my share of planes jumping in front of me. However, I just continue my approach and run them over on the runway!

But! I have read the Regulations (101 page document) that can be found here

The first 80 pages are just Legal ramblings about what divisions, founders, commitees.... etc.

The Pilot stuff starts on page 82 of 101. I have read that and find no details on what you have posted.

Let me point you to the Code of Conduct...... here
    Part B is what I was looking at and it again shows no regulations on text.

So again, I want to beleive you but until you find the documentation, for all i know you are making this up.

Its the Boy Who Cried Wolf story at the moment.....
    EuroCay Director: Alastair Bird- Contact: a.bird@flycay.com

And after checking the Vatsim Forums i see you have brought this to their attention.

as many have said its not official..... some say that it is Primary, but again, as Regulations stand, its not. Unfortunately this is something that needs to be amended. (were not calling it the Aharon Dyhan ammendment either..... hehe)

Also its not that I am refusing to agree with you. There is just no hard documentation to back this.
    Last edited by CAY792-William; 08-30-2010 at 02:12 AM.
    EuroCay Director: Alastair Bird- Contact: a.bird@flycay.com

as many have said its not official..... some say that it is Primary, but again, as Regulations stand, its not.

There is just no hard documentation to back this.
    William,

People who said it is not official are the ones who never read rules.

read F.A.Q/policies and it is there. It is official and F.Q.A/policies is considered regulation. Vatsim President David Klain made final decision and ruling for which I already provided you with his official statement. F.A.Q/policiesand Vatsim President's final decision are hard documentation to back this.

Unless you would like to tell Vatsim President that his announcement is not official and his ruling is not considered hard documentation.

but again, as Regulations stand, its not.
    IT IS. Text is madatory/primary and voice is secondary.

Read F.A.Q/policies forum of Vatsim and F.A.Q/policies are considered rules. Here is link to Vatsim President David Klain's ruling: http://forums.vatsim.net/viewtopic.php?f=84&t=38243

The main reason you refuse to believe me and you think I am making up is that you are not reading ALL Vatsim rules that is always required reading for all new pilots.

Aharon

William,

And also read Vatsim President's another statement about people who use FSINN voice

Voice UNICOM is not presently an option for the reasons outlined in the question above. FSInn is a pilot client that is certified for use on the VATSIM network. It is NOT VATSIM software. As such, it has features that are not compliant with VATSIM policies and this is one of those cases. Regardless of whether or not a UNICOM voice room exists, UNICOM transmissions must be sent over text.
    Last edited by CAY102- Jon; 08-30-2010 at 03:12 AM. Reason: DO NOT SHOUT!!!

Flew 17 relief flights to MTPP, 5 relief flights to Chile, 7 relief flights to MYNN, 5 relief flights to NZCH, 7 relief flights to Japan, 4 relief flights to NJ via KPHL/KACY, 5 relief flights to RPVM/RPVA, and 4 relief flights to TDPD

Okay look Aharon, clearly this is eating away at you, you need to spend less time playing detective and trying to prove you are right, and spend more time being helpful towards fellow pilots. This could have been solved with a very simple;

"A reminder, text is #1 when it comes to unicom communications across the vatsim network, voice may be used, but only in addition to text.

Just a reminder, shalom, bye bye."

It's not difficult, what you have done here is gone out of your way to prove others wrong, and in the process broken our forum rule of "SHOUTING VIA TEXT!!" so I would relax on that front.

Next point, do you honestly expect every single pilot who joins vatsim to read through all documentation to clarify everything? If that is what you are expecting your expectations are far to high, as I see now you are referring to CAY1058, he is a relatively new flyer to the Vatsim network, and very new to our airline, he clearly did not know better and I just hope that you don't scare him away with this little outreach.
    FlyCay CEO: Jonathan Schutte - Contact: jon@flycay.com

My Pilot Logbook : Follow us on Twitter : FlyCay Facebook