Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Las Americas MDSD for FSX and FS2004 released!

Las Americas MDSD for FSX and FS2004 released!

Las Americas Airport is the Dominican Republic’s capital city airport, its 20KM from the centre of the city of Santo Domingo, and is one of the oldest airports in the Caribbean. Its official name is Las Americas José Francisco Peña Gómez but is mostly known as Las Americas. The name Las Americas is derived after the fact that Santo Domingo was the first ‘officially’ founded city by the European conquistadores of the new world “America”.

To purchase click here: http://secure.simmarket.com/latinvfr...cas-mdsd.phtml

Its currently one of the most prominent airports in the Caribbean, handling more than 3 million passengers in 2010. This airport receives many daily flights from Europe, North America, Latin America and the Caribbean.

Features:

* MDSD (SDQ) airport with all its buildings done with accurate detail
    * Surroundings extremely detailed
    * More than 150sq Kilometers of photo scenery with thousands of hand placed custom autogen, dozens of custom made buildings and objects in a 30 KM area from east to west.
    * Mesh for the entire area of Santo Domingo.
    * High resolution ground textures for runways, taxiways, apron etc.
    * Revised land classes for surrounding photo scenery.
    * Inclusion of manual in PDF format.
    * Inclusion of charts and maps.
    * Birds (FSX) Dolphins (FSX)
    * Vehicle animations (FS2004) and native (FSX)
    * Excellent night lighting.
    * Dozens of custom apron objects (containers, vehicles, etc).
    * Respective AFCAD for FS2004 and AFX file for FS making it fully AI traffic compatible.
    * DX9 compatible for FSX
    * Inclusion of charts in PDF format.
    * Auto Installer adding automatically to the scenery library in FS.

System requirements for FSX:
    Microsoft Flight Simulator X (Acceleration or SP2)
    Windows XP / Vista/ Windows 7
    2 Ghz Processor
    1 GB RAM
    3D graphics card with at least 256 MB

System requirements for FS2004:
    Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004 (Version 9.1)
    Windows XP / Vista/ Windows 7
    2 Ghz Processor
    1 GB RAM
    3D graphics card with at least 256 MB

To purchase click here: http://secure.simmarket.com/latinvfr...cas-mdsd.phtml

Last edited by Ricardo_LatinVFR; 04-29-2011 at 12:06 AM.

Congrats Ricardo, excellent release, love the project!
    FlyCay CEO: Jonathan Schutte - Contact: jon@flycay.com

My Pilot Logbook : Follow us on Twitter : FlyCay Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by CAY102- Jon View Post
    Congrats Ricardo, excellent release, love the project!
    excellent release to you too my friend, you did a lot for it to be excellent.

Excellent release!!!

Hey Ricardo!

Nice work on MDSD. I've already customized the AFCAD file to make it realistic and this airport is truly a gem - my Caribbean airport collection is complete now.

Thanks!

Dennis D. Mullert

Quote Originally Posted by DMullert View Post
    Hey Ricardo!

Nice work on MDSD. I've already customized the AFCAD file to make it realistic and this airport is truly a gem - my Caribbean airport collection is complete now.

Thanks!

Dennis D. Mullert
    Hi Dennis,

thanks for your comments...more Caribbean airports to come.

want to share the customized afcad in this forum?

feel free to do so.
    thanks,
    Ricardo

Just purchased and installed. Just went and looked around a bit and it looks great. I can't wait to have time to fly next week, my first flight will be KMIA-MDSD with the LDS 767 (unless the PMDG NGX is out...)

Amazing job, thank you for the memories. Although I don't really remember how the airport looked the last time I was there in 1994.

Keep the Caribbean airports coming.

Also, I just posted about the release on Avsim, hopefully it brings customers.
    Last edited by richards; 04-26-2011 at 01:27 AM.

Updated MDSD Afcad file

Hello Ricardo!

My modified and updated AFCAD for MDSD is included for everyone's enjoyment. If anyone finds more updated gate assignment information, have at it and modify as needed.

Enjoy everyone!

Dennis D. Mullert
    Attached Files Attached Files

CoolP Guest
    Hi guys. My first post around after quite some LatinVFR buys.

Just wanted to thank you for choosing some very good locations for building nice scenery in FSX. Those destinations are fun to fly to indeed.
    I also wanted to suggest some enhancements when it comes to some spots of the scenery. Don't see this as a complain though.

Since the company puts out scenery enhancements from time to time, which, for itself, is a great policy by the way, I wanted to suggest some 3D car models to be used at all sceneries.
    I'm no scenery dev, so I don't know about the technical background there, but maybe some sort of standard library objects can be used to enhance places like this one, becoming less "flat" and more detailed.

Since the framerates at all my LatinVFR sceneries are exceptionally good, there's some room for improvement in my eyes.
    What do you think?

Edited: Oh, I just flew some meters further and saw that nice 3D cars are already there. So lets reset this suggestion to a version with more cars in the scenery, maybe as an option for strong systems or so.
    As said, fps are very good there, so there's some room to fill.

Last edited by CoolP; 04-26-2011 at 03:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CoolP View Post
    Hi guys. My first post around after quite some LatinVFR buys.

Just wanted to thank you for choosing some very good locations for building nice scenery in FSX. Those destinations are fun to fly to indeed.
    I also wanted to suggest some enhancements when it comes to some spots of the scenery. Don't see this as a complain though.

Since the company puts out scenery enhancements from time to time, which, for itself, is a great policy by the way, I wanted to suggest some 3D car models to be used at all sceneries.
    I'm no scenery dev, so I don't know about the technical background there, but maybe some sort of standard library objects can be used to enhance places like this one, becoming less "flat" and more detailed.

Since the framerates at all my LatinVFR sceneries are exceptionally good, there's some room for improvement in my eyes.
    What do you think?

Edited: Oh, I just flew some meters further and saw that nice 3D cars are already there. So lets reset this suggestion to a version with more cars in the scenery, maybe as an option for strong systems or so.
    As said, fps are very good there, so there's some room to fill.

Sure, if everyone feels that performance is great.. then in a future update I shall add more cars.

Silverbird Guest

Nice work Ricardo congratulations on release.