Thread: FPS problems at Key West

curt1 Guest

FPS problems at Key West

Purchased the Key West scenery today, my first with LatinVFR. While I find the looks and overall presentation of the scenery to be quite good, I find the frame rate to be way below what I consider acceptable. I have many sceneries from other developers and average about 20-30 fps from the VC view. I'm only getting 7-16 fps with Key West, and the stuttering makes this a very bad experience. Please do whatever you can to improve this, as I can't enjoy it in it's current state.

Curt

Quote Originally Posted by curt1 View Post
    Purchased the Key West scenery today, my first with LatinVFR. While I find the looks and overall presentation of the scenery to be quite good, I find the frame rate to be way below what I consider acceptable. I have many sceneries from other developers and average about 20-30 fps from the VC view. I'm only getting 7-16 fps with Key West, and the stuttering makes this a very bad experience. Please do whatever you can to improve this, as I can't enjoy it in it's current state.

Curt
    Thank you for the feedback. We are tackling this issue as we speak, we are currently elaborating the first update, and many things are being corrected and we are looking to fix those FPS problems some people are reporting.
    thanks,
    Ricardo

curt1 Guest
    Thanks for replying so quickly, Ricardo. Just one observation that's probably obvious. When on approach and looking straight ahead is when the frames are at their lowest point; when looking left or right 90 degrees the frames go way up.

Curt

Quote Originally Posted by curt1 View Post
    Thanks for replying so quickly, Ricardo. Just one observation that's probably obvious. When on approach and looking straight ahead is when the frames are at their lowest point; when looking left or right 90 degrees the frames go way up.

Curt
    Hi Curt, we have been looking into that same observation. We are at a point of which we can't release the update unless there is a significant improvement or a boost . We are working on it, the scenery has a lot of elements there that make it go down, we are going one by one.
    thanks

Any news of KEYW update?
    I have UT USA installed and i noticed KEYW is not fully compatible some of island does not have ground polygon, only i see the coastlines of islands just west of Key West.

Hi,

please email me to support@latinvfr.com
    thanks!

curt1 Guest

Frames are great now!

Since I opened this thread about frame rates, I wanted to let everybody know the updated version is excellent! I'm now getting very smooth performance with consistently high fps. I highly recommend this great airport!

Curt

Hi Curt,

Glad it's all sorted out...

I'm a new customer - so I never saw the lag issue... I'm pretty amazed at the current frame rates I get with FS9 - they are really good....

Regards,
    Scott

Quote Originally Posted by scottb613 View Post
    Hi Curt,

Glad it's all sorted out...

I'm a new customer - so I never saw the lag issue... I'm pretty amazed at the current frame rates I get with FS9 - they are really good....

Regards,
    Scott
    thank you all.. the problem was mostly FSX, but all got sorted out with 1.1