Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: LatinVFR KMIA Officially RELEASED!

florida_coast Guest
    Great scenery, just bought it a few minutes ago. Looks just great!
    But, are there no moving jetways in FSX, or is it only working with AES? That would be some bad news, 'cause it was the same with SFO from Flightbeam and to wait a few months, just for the jetways to be moving with AES, is not so good.

Firstly, thanks for the kind words- glad that you are enjoying MIA!

Unfortunately yes, we will have to wait for AES to release an update for moveable jetbridges, but we are told it will be in the next version, which will hopefully not be a few months away, but much sooner.
    FlyCay CEO: Jonathan Schutte - Contact: jon@flycay.com

My Pilot Logbook : Follow us on Twitter : FlyCay Facebook

Purchased KMIA last night and did some quick flights around the airport and the surrounding areas modeled. I love the airport itself. Super-detailed, to say the least. I also love the additional autogen implemented outside of the airport. I also liked how additional road traffic was added in surrounding roadways. It all really adds to the immersion factor when flying in and out of KMIA. Finally, the framerate is excellent.

Unfortunately, I do not like the photoreal scenery application. The resolution is pretty low and colors do not blend in well with the default scenery. I'm sure that the best available was used, though. I also have quite a bit of night light shimmering with the addon's autogen building lighting. I'll do more testing tonight and see if I can work on the shimmering with some changes in Nvidia Inspector tweaking, although it's currently set up to work/look great everywhere else.

I think the positives greatly outweigh the negatives in this release and I'm looking forward to flying in South Florida even more!
    Alexander

Stroman81 Guest
    Hi Ricardo,

I'm very interested in your latest release.I would like to fly from Miami towards the Caribbean and Latin America. Previously, I didn't like the default Florida, nor GEX Florida, because it just does not look like the tropical paradise it is supposed to be. Now I read that some photoreal scenery is surrounding your addon airport.
    Could you post a map with the coverage of the photoreal scenery? And perhaps some screenshots of this?

Thanks in advance!

Stroman

Quote Originally Posted by Stroman81 View Post
    Hi Ricardo,

I'm very interested in your latest release.I would like to fly from Miami towards the Caribbean and Latin America. Previously, I didn't like the default Florida, nor GEX Florida, because it just does not look like the tropical paradise it is supposed to be. Now I read that some photoreal scenery is surrounding your addon airport.
    Could you post a map with the coverage of the photoreal scenery? And perhaps some screenshots of this?

Thanks in advance!

Stroman
    Hi,
    top of my head, around 1 mile west of the Turnpike all the way to the east to SW/NW 37th Avenue. From north to south, from NW 41st avenue to A bit south of Flagler street.
    will see if I can get a screenshot.

FlyCay CEO: Jonathan Schutte - Contact: jon@flycay.com

My Pilot Logbook : Follow us on Twitter : FlyCay Facebook

Stroman81 Guest
    Thanks Ricardo,

I must say this looks great!

Cheers,

Stroman

Can you tell me if the scenerey is compatible with newport Miami or mega scenery x Miami, Ricardo?

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Santoro View Post
    Can you tell me if the scenerey is compatible with newport Miami or mega scenery x Miami, Ricardo?

Hi Daniel,
    you can always delete the photo scenery, by deleting all files that start with photo.
    About compability, I haven't tested if new port colors match ours or if Mega sceneries too. but if you delete our photo scenery you should be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Ricardo_LatinVFR View Post
    Hi Daniel,
    you can always delete the photo scenery, by deleting all files that start with photo.
    About compability, I haven't tested if new port colors match ours or if Mega sceneries too. but if you delete our photo scenery you should be fine.
    Sorry Ricardo. I meant Mega Scenery Earth not Mega Scenery X.
    All right but your photo scenery is great. I don't want to delete it. No problem if I have to use it over the other's as long as there are no issues regarding compatibility.
    I'm asking you because I'm considering to purchase a photo scenery for Miami area. I don't like the default scenery.
    Last edited by Daniel Santoro; 12-08-2011 at 12:39 AM.
    Intel Core i7 860 @ 3.8 Ghz
    Asus P7P55D PRO
    GTX 560 SC 2GB
    Corsair Vengeance 8GB ram 1600mhz
    Corsair TX 750W
    Saitek Pro Flight Yoke
    Philips 32''