Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: Is there a plan to update the AFCAD so that all 3 runways are used?

Hybrid View

  1. #1

    Is there a plan to update the AFCAD so that all 3 runways are used?

    Sorry if this was asked already, but I'm just wondering if the AFCAD can be updated so that the AI use all 3 runways to reflect real world operations?

    Thanks again for making my home airport. I've really enjoyed it!

    Luis Linares

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by LuisKMIA View Post
    Sorry if this was asked already, but I'm just wondering if the AFCAD can be updated so that the AI use all 3 runways to reflect real world operations?

    Thanks again for making my home airport. I've really enjoyed it!

    Luis Linares
    Hi Luis,
    I had a mental note into finding out about this, I need do do a bit of research when I do that it should be updated to version 1.2.
    thanks,
    Ricardo

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by LuisKMIA View Post
    Sorry if this was asked already, but I'm just wondering if the AFCAD can be updated so that the AI use all 3 runways to reflect real world operations?

    Thanks again for making my home airport. I've really enjoyed it!

    Luis Linares
    Hello Luis

    The AFCAD that comes with the product has the ability to have all Three runways in use they are all dependent on wind, i have use real world weather as often as i can, and unless the winds are direct lets say 120/10 or 310/10 thats the only situatuion where I have seen only 12 and 31 only being used Miami Airport was designed to maximize traffic with the winds that why you have two Parallel runways and one diagonal runway so crosswinds landings can safely be done. so just make sure real world weather is enabled and you should have any problems with the product.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by transitmiguel142 View Post
    Hello Luis

    The AFCAD that comes with the product has the ability to have all Three runways in use they are all dependent on wind, i have use real world weather as often as i can, and unless the winds are direct lets say 120/10 or 310/10 thats the only situatuion where I have seen only 12 and 31 only being used Miami Airport was designed to maximize traffic with the winds that why you have two Parallel runways and one diagonal runway so crosswinds landings can safely be done. so just make sure real world weather is enabled and you should have any problems with the product.
    I think he wants rwys 12/30 active also when winds favor 08's, also rwys 08's when winds favor 12 that's only possible with a crosswind technique which I haven't much experience with. Need to check that out and see.

  5. #5
    Thanks Ricardo! I know the freeware AFCAD made by Ray Smith for default FSX has that ability. I'm not familiar with the intricacies of enabling multiple runways. I look forward to the update.

    Luis
    Last edited by LuisKMIA; 03-02-2012 at 01:47 AM.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by LuisKMIA View Post
    Thanks Ricardo! I know the freeware AFCAD made by Ray Smith for default FSX has that ability. I'm not familiar with the intricacies of enabling multiple runways. I look forward to the update.

    Luis
    Hi Luis,
    I just uploaded the updated afcad so that the real configuration is used with the winds and runways.

    This is the FS9 afcad:
    http://latinvfr.com/KMIA_ADE9_LVFR.rar

    This is the FSX afcad

    http://latinvfr.com/KMIA_ADEX_ADE.rar

    To copy/replace go to fs/addon scenery/latinvfr/Miami_KMIA/Scenery folder

    In a few weeks when we revise Miami to version 1.2 we will include this afcads.

  7. #7
    LucaBrasi2879 Guest
    Hello Ricardo,

    Do we replace the KMIA_ADE9_LVFR.BGL file thats already in that folder or do we just add the "revised: afcad ending with .rar along with the original?
    Thanks in advance
    Z.Lucas

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •