Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: San Diego KSAN compatibility with other packages

San Diego KSAN compatibility with other packages

As we stated in the product page, KSAN is compatible with other scenery packages, however there are certain things that must be set for this to happen correctly.

1- LatinVFR KSAN must be in higher priority, more than UTX So cal, or building packages such as SDB. So no bleeding issues arise.

2- If you want the downtown of other packages upon installation do not select the option of installing our buildings.

3- Our airport sorrounding buildings will always have higher priority than any others and will exclude others if as I said in point 1 so no problem comes up since our Airport surrounding buildings are HD.

There are certain things we cant control such as boats in the water from other scenery packages show up from photo scenery since it is impossible for us to exclude photo scenery. Ideally the developer shouldn't have allowed boats appear in the water as we did, but in the near marinas thats an issue with UTX so cal.

Other than that, please confirm that the installer added the scenery in the library in highest priority. If issues arise please let us know to our email support@latinvfr.com

thanks!

We have found that some users of the FSX version were still getting some bleed through despite what I said above.

Nonetheless we found the solution and it should be added to update 1

http://latinvfr.com/CVX_sanhd.rar

copy/replace on : fsx/addon scenery/latinvfr/San Diego_KSAN/Scenery

And how about FS9 ? same problem here ...

Quote Originally Posted by Starfield View Post
    And how about FS9 ? same problem here ...
    We are looking in to that ASAP. We should have that published too soon, after I receive confirmation that is fixed.

thanks

Great to hear, thanks for the quick reply and support !

Hello,
    I have the FS9 version of San Diego with the MegaScenery South California Scenery. In order to have compatible the two scenarios I had to delete these two files in the Directory megaScenerySOCAL/SOCobjects : FLATTEN.BGL and KSAN-SanDiegoIntl-Lindbergh.BGL

Some picture of this merge

Paolo

Quote Originally Posted by Fardel View Post
    Hello,
    I have the FS9 version of San Diego with the MegaScenery South California Scenery. In order to have compatible the two scenarios I had to delete these two files in the Directory megaScenerySOCAL/SOCobjects : FLATTEN.BGL and KSAN-SanDiegoIntl-Lindbergh.BGL

Some picture of this merge

Paolo

Thanks Paolo, I have been trying like crazy to find a solution. This may be one.
    thanks

I just received word from a FS9 user with the bleed-through and he did what Paolo said and that did the trick, fixed everything. The bad thing is that we can't do that for the users, they will have to do this manually.
    Last edited by Ricardo_LatinVFR; 02-13-2013 at 10:33 PM.

question, i have the KSAN fs9 with updates, also use UT USA and Mega So Cal. My question is when i fly out of KSAN and head over north island towards where the carriers are docked they appear high out of the water, I have adjusted the water stream offset in UT but can't seem to get it right. So I am just checking to see if this is a UT USA setting issue or possibly with the LatinVFR? It's a minor thing, love the whole airport, just something to see if it can be fixed. Thanks. Keep the great airports coming

Frank

Quote Originally Posted by knarfage View Post
    question, i have the KSAN fs9 with updates, also use UT USA and Mega So Cal. My question is when i fly out of KSAN and head over north island towards where the carriers are docked they appear high out of the water, I have adjusted the water stream offset in UT but can't seem to get it right. So I am just checking to see if this is a UT USA setting issue or possibly with the LatinVFR? It's a minor thing, love the whole airport, just something to see if it can be fixed. Thanks. Keep the great airports coming

Frank
    Hi,
    We had to raise the water because for texture bleeding were faced with either, putting the airport at elevation 0 or the current with the water raised. We tried to minimize the impact by raising it as far as we could so that no visual ugliness would be present, but nonetheless as you saw it can still be seen.

my apologies