Thread: Approaching Mobay

Approaching Mobay

Hi guys,

I'm eagerly waiting for KMIA V2 so I can resume my flights to this great airport, but while it doesn't get ready I'm using KFLL.

So once again I did a flight to MKJS departing from Fort Lauderdale in an A320 using ir Jamaica colors.

Let's skip departing phase and go straight to app phase:

Welcome to Jamaica!

I warn you this is a real photo and is not part of LatinVFR scenery

That's it. Hope you like it.
    Intel Core i7 860 @ 3.8 Ghz
    Asus P7P55D PRO
    GTX 560 SC 2GB
    Corsair Vengeance 8GB ram 1600mhz
    Corsair TX 750W
    Saitek Pro Flight Yoke
    Philips 32''

Love this one

Daniel,

What software are you using for water in screenshots number four and five which show amazing water, please?

Thanks,

Aharon

Flew 17 relief flights to MTPP, 5 relief flights to Chile, 7 relief flights to MYNN, 5 relief flights to NZCH, 7 relief flights to Japan, 4 relief flights to NJ via KPHL/KACY, 5 relief flights to RPVM/RPVA, and 4 relief flights to TDPD

Cool shots here Daniel!

Aharon, it appears that the user is using REX, those textures are one of the many impressive ones that it offers to users.
    EuroCay Director: Alastair Bird- Contact: a.bird@flycay.com

Hi Ahron,

William is right. I'm using REX Overdrive/Sparkling theme.

Thanks for your comments!
    Intel Core i7 860 @ 3.8 Ghz
    Asus P7P55D PRO
    GTX 560 SC 2GB
    Corsair Vengeance 8GB ram 1600mhz
    Corsair TX 750W
    Saitek Pro Flight Yoke
    Philips 32''

Thanks William and Daniel,

That is very very rich water!!!!! Does Rex have method to make it lighter blue to make it turquoise blue? (Apologies to Ricardo of LatinVFR for off the topic question)

Aharon

Flew 17 relief flights to MTPP, 5 relief flights to Chile, 7 relief flights to MYNN, 5 relief flights to NZCH, 7 relief flights to Japan, 4 relief flights to NJ via KPHL/KACY, 5 relief flights to RPVM/RPVA, and 4 relief flights to TDPD

You can adjust the water any colour you want, that's why REX is the best addon to use in both FS9 and FSX.

Aharon,

REX offers a wide selection of textures, and it depends on the depth of the water (or range from land) what colour it is. You get some really interesting textures for REX for the inland stuff and some are just incredible there is also an option that allows you to change the algae density around the water (more algae gives you a greener water). The "shine" that Daniel has here is also another option to add, so there are many different options on how the water looks, and what sparkle it can have.
    EuroCay Director: Alastair Bird- Contact: a.bird@flycay.com

Quote Originally Posted by CAY792-William View Post
    Rex allows you to change the algae density around the water (more algae gives you a greener water).
    Thanks William for more nice explanations. Although Caribbean water can come into four different colors: deep sea blue, algae density, turquoise blue, and very light blue. The last two colors are what I am looking for.

Aharon
    Last edited by CAY017-Aharon; 06-13-2013 at 01:47 PM.