Thread: P3d v2

P3d v2

I'm considering upgrading to Prepar3d V2 for the supported client and for the slight tweakings of the standard FSX. For me, FSX can't even run due to the high amount of mods on the game (plus it's an eight year old game, crashes almost every flight). So, I'm considering the switch.

I'm concerned about VATSIM and some of the aircraft that I have. The main ones that I've paid for are:

LVFR Cayman Islands X (Which is P3D compatible now), KMIA, and MKJS, to name a few.
    NGX
    PMDG MD-11
    QW 757
    QW 737 (future)
    Aerosoft A320/1
    Aerosoft DHC-6

Should I make the switch?

Hey Shane. I recently made the switch and I must say that it is certainly worth the upgrade. I'm still in the process of transferring my FSX addons over to P3d V2 though. I found that most addons work just as simply as by pointing the the installer to the P3d main folder while some require the payware migration tool which can be found on Simmarket which I have yet to try. Addons such as PMDG are not compatible in P3d as yet, well legally that is. As for LatinVFR, I have issues with installing Cayman Islands X but I'm hoping to try the installation once again when I get the migration tool or if Ricardo releases a P3d v2 native installer.

I found this list of compatible addons that would probably come in quite handy http://forum.avsim.net/topic/426926-...tibility-list/

PC Specs: Intel 2500k (4.5Ghz) | 16GB DDR3 Ram | GTX 760 Superclocked | Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit

I forgot to mention that I've installed and tested both Aerosoft's Airbus X and Twin Otter Extended. Both work perfectly.

PC Specs: Intel 2500k (4.5Ghz) | 16GB DDR3 Ram | GTX 760 Superclocked | Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit

Do it! I recommend Prepar3d v2 to everyone. Cloud shadows (even affecting the cockpit) alone change the experience. It's massive upgrade from FSX in all ways imaginable. I've gotten the PMDG 737NGX to work, and most other add-ons nowadays are fully compatible.