Thread: vPilot - Pilot Client for Vatsim

11 vPilot - Pilot Client for Vatsim

vPilot - Pilot Client for Vatsim

Fellow Captains,

Very pleasant good day to you all. If most of you are like me, you've been using Squawkbox to connect to the Vatsim Network for a considerable amount of time now. It's what we have come to know, and become accustomed to. Some of you may have decided to change your client and look in to using FSInn instead, with promises of another client with less bugs, better support, more powerful tools to use and better AI traffic to enjoy whilst connected online. Wonderful.

Recently I have made the switch across to vPilot, what I believe to be the latest in clients available to access the Vatsim Network, and for me, the answer to my problems. vPilot has yet to crash on me, send up any ridiculous error messages that result in my Flightsim being closed, and the client layout is very easy to use and understand. That being said, setup was tricky, getting the best AI traffic models to be visible in FS requires some doing on our part, the end user, but if you need any assistance with this, an email to our staff team, or a quick Teamspeak session will get you all sorted in no time at all. Performance is very much the same as squawkbox, even with much better looking traffic.

One of the main reasons that I love vPilot is the traffic that represents all other pilots connected to the network. In Squawkbox you could see traffic only when they were 10 miles away, which simply isn't far enough, and the models were sub-par, even whilst cruising the landing gear would appear to be down, it wasn't a pretty sight. With vPilot however, qircraft can be visible up to whatever distance you desire, some 50 miles away! In addition to this, their gear go up and down as set by other pilots, landing lights are fully represented, anti collision lights, strobes etc. are all fully appreciable, wonderful.

Enjoy a few impressions from my latest experiences with vPilot, the best way to enjoy Vatsim to date in this humble captains opinion.

FlyCay CEO: Jonathan Schutte - Contact: jon@flycay.com

My Pilot Logbook : Follow us on Twitter : FlyCay Facebook

So in other words, no more crappy VIP liveries on the planes in Vatsim environment?

Aharon

Flew 17 relief flights to MTPP, 5 relief flights to Chile, 7 relief flights to MYNN, 5 relief flights to NZCH, 7 relief flights to Japan, 4 relief flights to NJ via KPHL/KACY, 5 relief flights to RPVM/RPVA, and 4 relief flights to TDPD

Correct!
    FlyCay CEO: Jonathan Schutte - Contact: jon@flycay.com

My Pilot Logbook : Follow us on Twitter : FlyCay Facebook

What AI packs would you suggest?

Quote Originally Posted by CAY025- Shane R. View Post
    What AI packs would you suggest?
    AI packs such as freeware World of AI or payware Traffic X or so on will be automatically disabled when logging into Vatsim. When Jon said he sees better AI planes, he is referring to Vatsim's traffic with other Vatsim planes flown by other Vatsim pilots where he sees airline liveries instead of crappy VIP liveries. He is saying that when using new software VPilot Client, he see other planes' real airline liveries instead of boring and crappy VIP liveries.

Flew 17 relief flights to MTPP, 5 relief flights to Chile, 7 relief flights to MYNN, 5 relief flights to NZCH, 7 relief flights to Japan, 4 relief flights to NJ via KPHL/KACY, 5 relief flights to RPVM/RPVA, and 4 relief flights to TDPD

Shane, World of Ai would be a good choice for you to use along with Vpilot so you can see other people online with the correct aircraft and liveries.