Thread: KSAN and KSNA compatiblity issues with ORBX

Post KSAN and KSNA compatiblity issues with ORBX

Hello folks,

I hope you had a very nice holidays, happy 2016!. During these holidays Orbx released a scenery for Southern California. In it we have two of our best sellers KSAN and KSNA. Sceneries which have many many customers and obviously very much known in the community. However, I have been sent many support emails with compatibility issues. Issues which to me I can't yet work on and hope to by the week of January the 4th.

A very popular, esteemed and known designer group like ORBX should have at the very least, given a heads up to their customers or us regarding compatibility issues. Our KSAN was released in early 2013. And KSNA in late 2014. I had hoped that in their tests they would at least considered these sceneries in their background since there are thousands of customers of them. (not that I wish to brag) but these airports have many many customers out there. If they had done there tests they would be prepared for the issues and let others know about how resolving them.

When we release scenery we take into consideration all the scenery that is available to make them at least compatible with customers deciding on what to install or not so that everything works great.

As you know 2015 was very busy and we needed a break, but we can't cut our holiday break short just for this, so it will be till next week that we will look at these issues, with of course our customers in our minds so that they continue enjoying our sceneries. Here at LVFR we care very much for satisfaction and that every customer has our products working correctly in their systems.

hope to return quickly regarding this...

thanks,
    Ricardo

We are still looking at this.

Doing some tests it shows that perhaps by having our scenery in highest priority, there shouldn't be too much issue. Though there may be some visual issues, but nothing major.

So suggestion for now would be to have our scenery in highest priority. We will keep you posted regarding this.

Orvx issues

This is the very reason why I left orbx and went back to GEX because in my opinion Orbx did this on purpose to only be compatible with their airports. I was having terrain issues with your airport sceneries with ftx global. I got tired of trying to fix issues which were not Latin vfr fault it was an orbx issues. That's when I decided to go back to GEX and no problems at all with Latin vfr airports. I am looking forward to your north Carolina airport.i also really hope that we can get a boise idaho airport that has been lacking for a very long time.
    Last edited by goodperson36; 06-01-2016 at 08:20 AM.

Well, has there been any follow up with this issue? Is KSNA and KSAN still not compatible?

Matthew

Orbx released some patches that make them compatible. Find out in the forums and they will provide the information.

If only they could keep their forum up and running long enough to ask and see what patches they recommend would be nice. However, unlike the rest of their regions, SCA is hard on frame rates, and difficult to work with LatinVFR or FSDreamteam's airports. I removed Orbx SCA for now, until I can get better answers that actually works.

Is KSAN and KSNA now working properly in FSX, P3Dv3.3.5 and Orbx?
    Best Regards,
    Vaughan Martell

It is my understanding that Orbx has made some patches available so that their sceneries work with those two airports you mention. And yes both work properly with FSX and P3dv3

Ok,
    Thanks for confirming.
    Best Regards,
    Vaughan Martell