Thread: White Tires in San Diego?

White Tires in San Diego?

Has anyone else had this issue at KSAN? If you look at my Cessna 510 tires, and the tires to the truck right behind it, you will noticed part of the tires are washed out, white. It's not happening at any of my other LatinVFR airports, just in San Diego.

so this only happens at our KSAN?

That's correct, Ricardo, only at KSAN. I'm not the only one who have said they have this issue. I was talking to another fellow at a different forum, and he confirmed he has the same issue. By the way, I use P3Dv3.4. Also happened in P3Dv3.3.

That's indicative of old ground poly.

You mean that KSAN scenery is too old for P3Dv3.4?

Only in the sense that the ground poly was likely done for FS9 or FSX. Ricardo can confirm for us.

I first encountered that issue when loading Aerosoft's LFMN (one of my favorite destinations) into P3D when I first discovered it (I think my first P3D version was 2.2 or so). And now, FSDT's PHNL shows the same symptom in various areas of the tarmac.

It'd be nice to know if the ground poly will be updated at KSAN because I was quite literally about to buy it now that I've upgraded some hardware and the SoCal area isn't the slideshow it used to be. But I've been buying enough addons recently only to find out that they're full of either bugs or old tech.

In the coming year we will update KSAN to have this completely anew. and I am sure this issue along with others will be cured for P3dv3.

Excellent!

Great news, thanks Ricardo. Will buy the second the update is released.