Thread: Montego Bay elevation problem in P3D v3.4

13 Montego Bay elevation problem in P3D v3.4

Hi,

I have bought 3 LatinVFR packages - KRDU, KSAN and MKJS, Montego Bay.

I appreciate MKJS was designed for FS9 and FSX but it still works well in P3D. The only problem is elevation where there is a disparity when used with Ultimate Terrain Tropical America and Caribbean.

I have tried changing the airport elevation by editing MKJS_ADE_RGM.BGL but it makes no difference,

Would it be possible for you to alter it to make it compatible? It seems a shame to have the airport working 99% with just this one small problem.

Many thanks.

LATER: I disabled UT TAC but the same elevation problem remains. So that package is not interfering with MKJS.
    Last edited by RayP; 07-10-2017 at 05:10 PM. Reason: Additional info

Quote Originally Posted by RayP View Post
    Hi,

I have bought 3 LatinVFR packages - KRDU, KSAN and MKJS, Montego Bay.

I appreciate MKJS was designed for FS9 and FSX but it still works well in P3D. The only problem is elevation where there is a disparity when used with Ultimate Terrain Tropical America and Caribbean.

I have tried changing the airport elevation by editing MKJS_ADE_RGM.BGL but it makes no difference,

Would it be possible for you to alter it to make it compatible? It seems a shame to have the airport working 99% with just this one small problem.

Many thanks.

LATER: I disabled UT TAC but the same elevation problem remains. So that package is not interfering with MKJS.
    Hello,
    As much as I wish to help you, if I were to, considering its a scenery not compatible with that platform, we would be encouraging other users to follow suit and do the same.

What I would limit myself to say is, if you disabled UT files for MKJS and still have issues, and the issue is only if UT is active, there must be a file somewhere of UT causing conflict still. If UT weren't install and you havent issues, the only culprit is UT.

Hello Ricardo,

Thanks for your reply and sorry for not replying sooner but I didn't get an email notification.

I will look in UTX to see if I can exclude MKJS and if that sorts the problem then fine. If it doesn't then I will reluctantly remove the scenery. I'll come back once I have tried fixing it.

Hi Ricardo,

I've loaded the UTX TAC utility and unfortunately there isn't an option for MKJS to exclude that airport. It seems another file may be the culprit but it's probably impossible to find. Sadly, I'll have to decommission MKJS.

Hi Ricardo,

If the only problem with MKJS is a terrain issue it can't be too difficult to fix it for P3D can it? Please reconsider your decision. The airport looks fine in all other respects and it would be a shame to have to uninstall it for the sake of an elevation issue.

Perhaps you can load it into P3D v3.4 and see what you think.

Hello Ray,
    I will give it a look, but nonetheless this airport among others are meant to be made compatible in the coming months with P3dv4, so its a matter of time. send me an email to support(at)latinvfr.com so that I can follow up with you regarding this.

Thanks Ricardo. Email sent. I'm still not receiving a notification email advising a new post has been made. Can you check that is working please?