Thread: LatinVFR Miami Int'l V4 for P3d4 and FSX released!

Post LatinVFR Miami Int'l V4 for P3d4 and FSX released!

Hello,
    We are proud to release V4 of our KMIA airport, for P3d v4 and FSX.

Before installing V4 please make sure you uninstall the previous version. The new version is in simmarket now, expect the other shops to follow in the coming days....

Featuring

• P3dv4 version made completely with the P3d4 sdk code making it 100% 64 bit.
    • Extremely realistic airport and surrounding buildings
    • Native ground polygons, with bump and specular maps. (P3D4)
    • Surroundings extremely detailed with dozens of customized buildings.
    • Photo scenery and autogen, covering 80square Miles
    • City of Miami buildings (downtown) and major area landmarks.
    • Animated CTRL+J jetways
    • AFX file representing actual airline parking positions.
    • Excellent night techniques, realistic runway lighting according to official documents of the airport.
    • Dynamic lights (P3D4)
    • scenery configurator tool.
    • Much more....

Among the changes in this new version:

1- Completely re-worked and re-textured all scenery objects and ground polygons.

2- Expanded coverage of customized buildings in the Miami airport general area. New Landmarks in Coral Gables area (Southeast of airport) and added dozens of Downtown buildings, and the Marlin's park. All of which can be turned off and on with the scenery configurator tool.

3- New night lighting techniques for taxiways and runways. Runway and taxi way lighting according to FAA standards and airport charts.

4- Optional dynamic lighting, for P3dv4

5- parking assignments updated and fixed according to real world.

among many other fixes and additions

http://secure.simmarket.com/latinvfr...-fsx-p3d.phtml
    Last edited by Ricardo_LatinVFR; 12-07-2017 at 01:30 PM.

Will it be more OR less memory resource intensive than the version 2 that I own?

Flew 17 relief flights to MTPP, 5 relief flights to Chile, 7 relief flights to MYNN, 5 relief flights to NZCH, 7 relief flights to Japan, 4 relief flights to NJ via KPHL/KACY, 5 relief flights to RPVM/RPVA, and 4 relief flights to TDPD

Quote Originally Posted by CAY017-Aharon View Post
    Will it be more OR less memory resource intensive than the version 2 that I own?
    Much better from V2 and V3

yup way better.......previously i was getting 25fps at best and absolutely horribly choppy right up there with cyyz by FT and any EGLL, KLAX or KJFK full out custom AI.....im now at 30fps only because i am locked that way with 30hz on my monitor for smooth as silk flying.....well done Ricardo...this is proof that P3D v4 (64-bit) is not the future...it is the now.....32bit is toast.

Hi Ricardo,

let me thank you for updating Miami. After buying the new scenery a few hours ago I can say it is a very nice improvement. Texture work seems even better than in v3 and you surely did a great job to capture the atmosphere of KMIA. Giving downtown some love with the new buildings is also highly appreciated. Your KMIA v2 was my first Miami scenery after the old FlyTampa airport and one can easily see a big advancement with each release. So thanks again for tackling Florida's hub.

But there is one thing you really have to address with an update: the jetways. You put so much love in buildings and textures but the way the jetways look in Miami is simply horrible. It was the same in KMIAv3 and I so much hopped for an improvement. But they still look terrible. They are not connected, sticking out of the bridges, are too high or too low. This is really an letdown and I know you can do a lot better as your other work on the airport proofs. You are using the default CTRL+J jetways which comes with certain limitations. But still other products like FSDT KDFW using the same technology are modeled in a much tidier way. So please do something about this issue. I don't even want do ask you to use SODE (what would be highly appreciated of course). But it might be a better choice to use some static models with proper design than sticking to this kind of jetways we now have. I apologize for this harsh words but I really hoped you would improve the jetways which were already the biggest shortcoming of KMIAv3.

So don't get me wrong Ricardo. I love what you have done with the new version of Miami and I am looking forward to your next scenery (fingers crossed for SCEL Santiago). And of course I can highly recommend Miami because all in all it is a lovely piece of work. But I know you are skilled enough to do better than this and with a bit polish to the jetways KMIA can play in the same league as FlyTampa and FSDT.

Thank you and once again sorry for this critique. Keep up your good work.

Christoph
    Last edited by Ricardo_LatinVFR; 12-08-2017 at 12:15 AM. Reason: grammar

Quote Originally Posted by Wolkenschreck View Post
    Hi Ricardo,

let me thank you for updating Miami. After buying the new scenery a few hours ago I can say it is a very nice improvement. Texture work seems even better than in v3 and you surely did a great job to capture the atmosphere of KMIA. Giving downtown some love with the new buildings is also highly appreciated. Your KMIA v2 was my first Miami scenery after the old FlyTampa airport and one can easily see a big advancement with each release. So thanks again for tackling Florida's hub.

But there is one thing you really have to address with an update: the jetways. You put so much love in buildings and textures but the way the jetways look in Miami is simply horrible. It was the same in KMIAv3 and I so much hopped for an improvement. But they still look terrible. They are not connected, sticking out of the bridges, are too high or too low. This is really an letdown and I know you can do a lot better as your other work on the airport proofs. You are using the default CTRL+J jetways which comes with certain limitations. But still other products like FSDT KDFW using the same technology are modeled in a much tidier way. So please do something about this issue. I don't even want do ask you to use SODE (what would be highly appreciated of course). But it might be a better choice to use some static models with proper design than sticking to this kind of jetways we now have. I apologize for this harsh words but I really hoped you would improve the jetways which were already the biggest shortcoming of KMIAv3.

So don't get me wrong Ricardo. I love what you have done with the new version of Miami and I am looking forward to your next scenery (fingers crossed for SCEL Santiago). And of course I can highly recommend Miami because all in all it is a lovely piece of work. But I know you are skilled enough to do better than this and with a bit polish to the jetways KMIA can play in the same league as FlyTampa and FSDT.

Thank you and once again sorry for this critique. Keep up your good work.

Christoph

Hello Christoph,
    will get to this ASAP and get this better as you mention, the connection should be perfected.

so in the upcoming patch we should get this right.

my apologies.

Quote Originally Posted by Ricardo_LatinVFR View Post
    Much better from V2 and V3
    I forgot to tell you I am using FSX Deluxe with SP1 and SP2. Was your answer above for P3D or FSX or both?

Flew 17 relief flights to MTPP, 5 relief flights to Chile, 7 relief flights to MYNN, 5 relief flights to NZCH, 7 relief flights to Japan, 4 relief flights to NJ via KPHL/KACY, 5 relief flights to RPVM/RPVA, and 4 relief flights to TDPD

Quote Originally Posted by CAY017-Aharon View Post
    I forgot to tell you I am using FSX Deluxe with SP1 and SP2. Was your answer above for P3D or FSX or both?
    I has become better for FSX too.

Quote Originally Posted by Ricardo_LatinVFR View Post
    It has become better for FSX too.
    Okay thanks although I am skeptical that later versions offer less memory intensive resources than earlier versions.

Does version 4 correct any broken taxi lines found in version 2?

Hope there is upgrade discount for version 2 owners.

Well done, one of the best looking airports for P3D at night. I love how dark the runways and taxiways are at night. Very immersive as many developers make their night taxiway's too bright. In real life, away from the sodium lights on the terminal, it is very dark at airports. Well done! It looks like your new KSAN at night. I hope LEBL gets a complete P3D v4 type make over as the night textures their are not very good and very unrealistic. So much so that I am tempted to buy another version of LEBL. Keep up the P3Dv4 fully native conversions!!
    Eric