Thread: kMYR - Myrtle Beach

kMYR - Myrtle Beach

Hi Ricardo,

I was just in Google Earth last night looking at all the relatively new 3D Artwork and Trees they now have - good stuff - just a thought - KMYR - Myrtle Beach - would be of interest to many - it's a resort destination - supports scheduled airline service and the rich/famous - with the hotels lining the beach and approach over the water - especially at night - must be phenomenal - a great deal of visual interest - I'd think it would sell well and it's a nice reasonable hop to airport rich FL...

LOL - again - just my two cents - take it for what it's worth...

Regards,
    Scott

KCHS needs modeling

Or perhaps tackle KCHS -- Joint Base Charleston (home of over 50 C-17s) and the Charleston International Airport (served by multiple airlines, including even Alaska!), plus Boeing's final assembly, paint shop, & delivery of the 787 Dreamliner.

There is ALREADY excellent payware KMYR scenery introduced 2 years ago that showed real accurate recreation of the airport and the city including BBQ restaurants. I should know that since I flew into that as passenger 4 times. KMYR is also used for C-17 Cargomasters' flight trainings.

Flew 17 relief flights to MTPP, 5 relief flights to Chile, 7 relief flights to MYNN, 5 relief flights to NZCH, 7 relief flights to Japan, 4 relief flights to NJ via KPHL/KACY, 5 relief flights to RPVM/RPVA, and 4 relief flights to TDPD

Hi...

Are you talking about the old ďAirport GuysĒ scenery ? I thought it was OK for the time but not up to LVFR standards - I donít recall it being all that detailed - they had a couple of hotels on the Beach and I donít think it was updated to v4... Iíll have to see if it works and look for the BBQ joints...

Anyway - just trying to suggest a location that would be a commercial success fo LVFR...

Regards,
    Scott

Quote Originally Posted by scottb613 View Post
    Are you talking about the old “Airport Guys” scenery ?
    Yikes I did not even realize it is now 6 year old scenery (time flies too fast) and you are right it needs to be updated!!

Regards,

Aharon

Flew 17 relief flights to MTPP, 5 relief flights to Chile, 7 relief flights to MYNN, 5 relief flights to NZCH, 7 relief flights to Japan, 4 relief flights to NJ via KPHL/KACY, 5 relief flights to RPVM/RPVA, and 4 relief flights to TDPD

Quote Originally Posted by CAY017-Aharon View Post
    Yikes I did not even realize it is now 6 year old scenery (time flies too fast) and you are right it needs to be updated!!

Regards,

Aharon
    Hi Aharon,

Hah - yeah - time flies - I remember watching their development efforts on FSDeveloper... That said - I just stopped by their site and they started a new project - might not appeal to this crowd - 9 GA airports in the heart of the Blue Ridge Mountains... Picked up the one they have complete - not ORBX but not bad - for $5.00 you canít go wrong...

Regards,
    Scott

KMYR looks like a nice Destination!